A Christ Centered Recovery Program – Recovery from life’s hurts, hang-ups and habits. Based on eight principles from the Beatitudes.
- Stepping Out of Denial into God’s Grace
1) Realize I’m not God. I admit that I am powerless to control my tendency to do the wrong thing and that my life is unmanageable.
“Happy are those who know they are spiritually poor.” (Matthew 5:3)
2) Earnestly believe that God exists, that I matter to Him, and that He has the power to help me recover.
“Happy are those who mourn, for they shall be comforted.” (Matthew 5:4)
3) Consciously choose to commit all my life and will to Christ’s care and control.
“Happy are the meek.” Matthew 5:5
- Taking an Honest and Spiritual Inventory
4) Openly examine and confess my faults to myself, to God, and to someone I trust.
“Happy are the pure in heart.” (Matthew 5:8)
- Getting Right with God, Yourself, and Others
5) Voluntarily submit to every change God wants to make in my life and humbly ask Him to remove my character defects.
“Happy are those whose greatest desire is to do what God requires.”(Matthew 5:6)
6) Evaluate all my relationships. Offer forgiveness to those who have hurt me and make amends for harm I’ve done to others, except when to do so would harm them or others.
“Happy are the merciful” (Matthew 5:7) “Happy are the peacemakers.” (Matthew 5:9)
- Growing in Christ While Helping Others
7) Reserve a daily time with God for self-examination, Bible reading, and prayer in order to know God and His will for my life and to gain the power to follow His will.
8) Yield myself to God to be used to bring this Good News to others, both by my example and by my words.
“Happy are those who are persecuted because they do what God requires.” (Matthew 5:10)
Celebrate Recovery (CR) is comprised of a group worship time, gender specific small group time, fellowship time.